Do you like Anzac biscuits as much as we do?
We love them and have developed a recipe that even includes the Goodness of BARLEYmax in them! By adding either Traditional or Quick Barley + Oats porridge to the biscuits, you can be sure that this treat foresees you with a lot of fibre!
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Goodness Superfoods Barley + Oats
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2.5 Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Place the flour, rolled oats, Goodness Superfoods Barley + Oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted.
- Mix the bicarb soda with 2.5 tablespoons water and add to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.