Shrove Tuesday or not, pancakes are a family favourite and with a few changes, like adding oats to the recipe you can make them into a healthy treat:
Makes about 12 pancakes
- 1 cup Goodness Superfoods Quick Barley + Oats or rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour (make it wholemeal for added goodness)
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 80g soft butter (replace with low fat ricotta cheese if you like)
- 2 1/3 cups milk (replace with butter or almond milk if you like)
- Olive oil or butter for frying
- Seasonal fruit, e.g. blueberries, strawberries or something naughty like dark melted chocolate to top the pancakes
- Add flour to a bowl and add the sugar. Stir well before adding milk, butter and egg. Combine well.
- Spray a bit of olive oil or rub a bit of butter into your non stick frying pan. Add 1/3 cup of the mixture over medium heat to the pan. Cook for approx. 2 minutes before turning the pancake over. Cook for another minute or until nicely browned.
- Add your favourite topping and serve
Recipe courtesy of Goodness Super Foods