Banish mid-morning munchies with these delicious banana muffins, powered by BARLEYmax.
Recipe courtesy of BARLEYmax Nutrition Ambassador, Teri Lichtenstein (APD).
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 240g BARLEYmaxTM flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- pinch salt
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
- 140g castor sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place baking paper cases in a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Spoon evenly into baking cases in muffin tin.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top.
Each muffin provides a good source of fibre.