2 pears, peeled with stalk intact
4 cardamon pods, crushed
¼ cup castor sugar
1.5 cups water
½ cup BARLEYmaxTM flakes
¼ cup LSA mix (ground linseeds, sunflower and almond)
¾ cup milk of your choice
¼ tsp cinnamon
- Place the cardamon, cinnamon, sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the pears, turn down to a low heat and cover. Poach for 2 hours or until the pears are tender, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the BARLEYmaxTM flakes, LSA and milk into a small suacepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes , stirrling constantly.
- Add the cinnamon, turn the heat to low and stir until the porride has thickened
- Serve immediately with the pears, a drizzle of maple syrup and some of the juice from the poached pears.
- Any poached fruit can be used. Try quince, which are deliciously fragrant and a wonderful winter fruit.